As promised to so many of you in my last post on adoption, here is the update on our first meeting with the adoption agency.
The meeting allowed us to clearly outline the basic steps to adoption that we will need to complete:
- Step 1 – Meet with an adoption agency for an introductory information session.
- Step 2/3/4* – Attend mandatory adoption weekend seminar on either domestic open adoption or international adoption or both.
- Step 2/3/4 – Choose type of adoption – domestic open or international
- Step 2/3/4 – Decide if adoption is a viable option for us
- Step 4 – Initiate adoption application process – house visits, paper work, medical checks, etc.
(*Note that steps 2/3/4 can occur in any order).
Where are we in the process?
We now have officially completed step 1.
We have no idea when or if we will take step 2, 3 or…
View original post 625 more words